Pages

Monday, September 4, 2023

Life goes on

 This has been a good weekend. It started on Friday as I was getting ready for the day and Jeffrey said, "why are we going to the temple when this is Andrew and Briona's last day? We can go to the temple tomorrow when they are gone." That is how I ended up taking care of Amber and talking occasionally to Andrew and Briona as they packed up in between calls from their work and errands. They left very early Saturday morning.

Jeffrey and I got up and left for the temple around 6 am Saturday morning, so we could go through three sessions. Jeffrey has been caught up with finding those on his family tree who need the sealing blessings. It was so nice to remember and reflect on the fact that family is important now and after we are gone from this earth. Even though Andrew, Briona, and Amber are gone, we are still a close family - as we will be when we leave this earthly existence. 

On Sunday we went to church early - I, for planning meeting with our YW class president and Jeffrey, to prepare for his Sunday School class. The planning went well, fast and testimony meeting was great, and Jeffrey did an excellent job teaching about all the gifts that God has to give everyone of us. Just as we got back from church, Mike and Julia dropped the girls off for a few hours. We had a very nice time and then Mike came and chatted with me until 5. I laid down for just a minute and the next thing I knew it was 10 o'clock! So I didn't go see the Simmons family but all the rest of the day was good.

Quiet Monday morning, no baby toddling around. I got busy and cleaned out all the shelves in the refrigerators. Activity is very nice for sadness. I pulled out all the 'science experiments' hidden away in corners and washed everything down. You know, if I ever recorded what was what color and texture, I really could have something interesting to show and tell in science. 

Since we are leaving for Utah on Wednesday, I want the house to be good for the couple and their baby coming to take care of it. 

I will be looking for a new normal. Yes, I have many things I should or could do. I want my life to have meaning and passion to it. Something every day to look forward to. It looks like taking care of children and babies is going to be minimal in the coming months, so I have to find something...else......

It is good to start over, clean and fresh



No comments: