Pages

Monday, September 11, 2023

I think I'm missing some gene

 My sisters and I went shopping. This is not a rare thing, but shopping for me is work....or torture. Laura is having a bit of trouble with pain management and went around on a scooter. Susie and I walked around wheel after wheel of clothes to look for deals to try on for the cruise in October. I only lasted 1/3 of the time it took the other two to finish finding all their deals. I did come away with two blouses and a pair of pants. But the greatest find of the day (thanks to Laura's persistence) was the cord to make the cinch bags I am making for the young women. Again thanks to Sharon for selling me the material and Laura for finding the cord after searching through row after row of shelves. So I am happy for sisters. I think my time was better used talking with someone who called while I was there and needed a listening ear.

Later, Susie and I went shopping AGAIN! Susie really has never minded running around finding the best deal and finds and not stopping until she gets what she wants. [Shoot me now] I really can't afford to be vain as it is way too much work to have the perfect outfit. Row after row of clothes - that don't really fit or look good on me. I must be missing the gene that lets people enjoy shopping. 

I ran off to find a few things for the grandkids then Susie came and asked me to come into the dressing room and try on all the things she found for me. Nice. It is nice going with an attentive sister. So I came away with a raincoat and another few blouses. I think I am set for going on the cruise - clothes wise. I can't even imagine going to any more stores to "try something on."

At Ross we found some suitcases that can be pushed, pulled, and swiveled. Ever since coming home from Africa, I have wanted to trade in our old luggage for the easy to transport ones. This cruise made it possible to have a reason to buy some new ones!


Light weight, can be pushed, pulled, and swiveled around easily. They move forward and backward or even sidewise both ways.

We ended up buying the two black ones. So nice to just push the case along. I have to admit that Susan said we should go look in a few other stores and see if we could get some better ones. Nah, these will work just fine. No need to have hives walking into another store.

No comments: