Pages

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Jeffrey is hiking

 So many feelings in one day. We are in Utah enjoying the beautiful weather. Jeffrey took off this morning to go hiking in Ogden Canyon. Trouble is, he is by himself - loving life and taking lots of pictures. He looks and sounds like he is having such a great time.......I can't help but remember how his brother would hike and enjoy himself - then one time found himself in serious trouble. He made it out fine and had the assistance he needed. I know God knows where Jeffrey is and can help him - so why am I a little anxious? Just cause its been four and a half hours......?

The good feelings of being with my sister and helping her out a bit feels right. Anticipating seeing some of my family tonight in a sealing session feels great too. But two texts from my daughter-in-laws have let me know that all in not right back in California. So I am a little anxious about them too. I have all kinds of prayers going out about things I cannot control. 

Then I just have to say it is a gorgeous day. The hills are green, green which is so unusual for typical August/September in Ogden, UT. It feels nice.

Last night Rachel, Fiona, and Shannon came by for a quick visit after a concert held in Ogden. Fiona and Shannon had classes today and Rachel went to work, so they didn't stay long. But it was nice to get a hug from Rachel. I may not see her again this trip as it is mostly taking care of business rather than visiting different relatives. So another happy/sad feeling. 

We'll have to see what the rest of the week brings.

Jeffrey's picture from Ogden Canyon

Walking Rudy this morning


No comments: