Pages

Sunday, September 24, 2023

Party time

 The big day arrived for Laura and Lindsay! I heard through the grapevine that Laura woke up a 3:30 in the morning with her mind buzzing about what she wanted to get done. When I came to help out in the afternoon, her home was filled with family who had traveled in. There was some ducking and weaving as Laura explained what she needed done. He friend Kim Hogan was doing a great job putting the flowers for the centerpieces together and different family members were setting up and taking care of things. Steven, the groom, grilled up the chicken for the guests about 1/2 hour before serving time. Rod Eskelson grilled up the steak and brought it over ready to go.

I really loved the fact that Laura was so organized. On the fridge, she had a list of what was needed to put together before serving. What was in the salad, what needed to be added to the hot potatoes, what makes up the lemonade, etc. All we had to do was put the parts together and set it on the tables. Grandma Nausin had outdone herself with little one or two bite-size desserts. Boston Cream pie cookies, orange cookies, fudge with fillings, German chocolate cake (bite size pieces), little lemon meringue pies or tarts, and three others I can't remember the name of.

The weather was perfect, the guest were good friends, the night went off very well. I didn't get many pictures while the party was on. I wish I'd stopped and gotten a picture of Debbie and I. We lamented that it has been way too long since we've gotten together and reconnected. I am going to make a date - if I don't it might be another three months before we even see each other again!

I hope Laura and Lindsay were happy. I thought it was a really good party or open house, and loved it all.

Kim Hogan putting the flowers together

Her daughter in law helped and is learning all the tricks to keeping flowers fresh

Beautiful weather, everything is ready to go


Steven grilling the chicken


Makynlee found the ice-cream with sprinkles, chocolate syrup and cherries

I'm glad my family could come and celebrate with Lindsay

Isn't she beautiful?

Makynlee is eyeing up the rest of the desserts - great selection!


No comments: