Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2023

Volunteer work - in another state

 Now that Julia has her degree, the family moved out early this year, Andrew and Briona have moved across the country with Amber, so now the house is quiet, it is time for me to decide what my purpose in life should be. It isn't caring for babies anymore.

While I was with Susie, she was so tired and needed a break and I asked if there was anything mundane, repetitive, or easy I could do for her. She said there were some files she needed sorted. When I looked at her work, I realized that they had personal information and I doubt anyone would want me to see without permission. Susie said the hospice she works for is looking for volunteers to make calls. If I volunteered I would be checked out by the FBI and police for a security clearance etc. then could work for them.

I thought, "why not?" and she talked to her boss who sent me the paperwork. I sent all the paper work back and after getting back from Idaho went and got fingerprinted and turned in the final page and background check permission to Susie's boss - who could be my boss if all the clearances go through.

So.....that will take up one or two days a week.....

We have plans to go up to see Caleb's soccer games. It didn't work this week as the family is ill, but maybe next week. We'll have to make plans with Matthew and Debbie's family too.

When the temple is open again, Jeffrey has a stack of names he wants to do work for. So that is in the works. 

Jeffrey has been working on future adventures and has talked to some people who may or may not have work for us next year. So who knows what the future will bring? Meanwhile I want purpose and meaning for my life in the next weeks. I'll be looking......

from the website that said "free images".


No comments: