Pages

Friday, September 29, 2023

Missed today, maybe next week

 I jumped up with joy in my heart and started preparing chicken pot pie to bring up to Redding today. When it was almost completed, Jeffrey informs me that there is somebody who is ill. He really does not want to get ill this season and so we aren't going to see Caleb in his soccer game tonight. We have tentative plans to go to Sacramento to see the other grands next Friday. Their mom may be going to an uncle's funeral. Jeffrey could slip up to Redding and watch another of Caleb's games while I am with the Matthew and Debbie's children.

So now....I have chicken pot pie filling. My idea was to take it up and let the kids each make their own pot pie in the little tins I have left over from a previous young women's activity. Do I make them up and freeze them or give them to friends? I do not have a lot of confidence that people actually like what I make, but I give anyway - so - decisions, decisions.....

Actually, I would never tell Grandma Nausin that I don't make my own pie crust...


No comments: