Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2023

Chocolates and waiting

 It is good to have friends. Laura texted last night asking if I wanted to the gym. No, not really. But we all made a goal to go, so I set my alarm. I did not want to get up today either, but it was nice stretching my legs out on the elliptical. I obviously have not used my leg muscles even if my arm muscles are a little stronger from holding Emma last week.

It was so nice to have the girls come over in the early afternoon. Makynlee asked if they could dip pretzels in chocolate. Yes! I bought melty(ies) yesterday! They played outside and they came in and made their chocolates. 







Now they are back outside again. It is a nice day. The rain has gone and the sun is out.

I sent a text to Jeffrey blowing him a kiss and telling him I was thinking about him. This was his reply:

"Thank you.

Rebekah, Rachel, Mike (and Carol and their children other than Chris), Greg and Janice and Gabe all here in mom’s room where the nurse took mom off of oxygen about 25 minutes ago.  Extra medication.  Mom has been “asleep” for at least 50 or so hours without cognitive responsiveness.  The nurse predicted that mom would pass sometime today.

I am fine.

Love you,

Jeff"

So I guess it is just a waiting game now. I really wonder how Greg and Janice feel. They have had the brunt of all Beverly's care for many years. Actually Janice lived in their home when she was first married so Greg could help his mom with his dad's care. Living close by, the two of them are in the details of all the care and help first with Duke and now with Beverly. How are they feeling now?

Life is good.

No comments: