Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2023

Lemonade tea party with caveat

 I invited the two girls over for a lemonade tea party. I asked Julia if I could have the girls for a few hours and I would give them a tea party. Actually I really wanted to make some faux fur cloaks for the girls and I needed them over for a few hours to measure, cut, sew and trim the cloaks and I was will to set out a lemonade tea as a bribe. Yes, they were willing. 

They came for the Lemonade tea party, then played in the back yard, made a fort in the living room and didn't mind when I took them aside for a few minutes every once in a while to measure or try a pattern on. I still haven't learned the secret of a good cloak, though it was fun creating, maybe next year....

Blatant bribery (with chicken nuggets added) so they would want to come over 

I found faux fur to be VERY messy, I think I am still finding little pies of fluff

The cloaks are fine except the shoulders coming down - how do manufactures make an even hem?


The seam needs to go over two inch shoulders, but I don't want two inches dragging on the bottom....


No comments: