Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

The Ride Home

 Jeffrey took care of his friends and then came to pick me up on Monday. It took him a long time to get to Sacramento because of the driving rain. He said the freeway slowed to 40 miles an hour quite a bit of the time. 

I was glad he came and offered to drive again. He said he was okay and off we went. He talked about his visit to Rick and we watched the rain come down. Jeffrey said the rain wasn't as bad. I wondered if it was because of the direction we were headed. Did that cause the rain to feel and look more fierce if heading the opposite way? The cars on the other side of the freeway looked like they were slower and more packed together.  Who knows?




All my joints and hinges ached. I was so tired, mentally and physically. It wasn't that I had done anything hard at all. I just wanted to be home with nothing to get accomplished.

While sitting on the couch after a nice long hot shower, eating Chinese food Jeffrey had picked up, he got a call. The call was from his brother Greg who said Beverly had been unresponsive much of the day. Jeffrey said he would get a flight to Utah. 

No comments: