Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

On The Road Again

 The sun felt like it had not risen because of the cloud cover, so I was glad I had packed my bag the day before. I woke up and in one hour we were on the road up to Redding again. Though I offered to drive, Jeffrey did. I dozed off once in a while on our way up. Jeffrey and I had a really nice chat about God's blessings. It made a really nice Sunday drive.

Jeffrey also told me about Rick Taylor who nursing care as he waits for death to ease his suffering and pain. The talked about the resurrection and what it all means. Jeffrey said Rick was talking about where everyone would be and what it would be like.

We arrived about a half hour before their church started, so we went to their house and went with them back to church. I was able to pick up my sewing scissors [only another sewing lover would understand the significance and importance], and a couple of other things we left.  We had a very nice meeting, and an interesting Sunday School lesson on Revelations. The joy came when Nate was ordained a High Priest by his dad and then was set apart as a High Counselor. He will be working with the young men. I don't think he has stopped working with the young men, or scouts, or something of that nature since he moved to Virginia and then back to California. Good man for the job.



An Added Stop

Jeffrey took the very long way home and dropped me off in Sacramento so I could make gingerbread houses with the Sacramento Adams on Monday. He had an added hour to his drive.  I love watching Debbie interact with her children. They still love to be read to. She is really a great mother with amazing talents.
They had a couple of balloon wars, Debbie, I and the kids ate dinner - Matt was with some friends, and then as a family, they went out in the rain to drive around and look at cool Christmas lights.
Thunder and lightening accompanied us to sleep that night.



No comments: