Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Do You Want the Plate Back?

 Inviting my friends in the ward for lunch was fun. It is good to meet up once in awhile with friends I don't see very often. 

Kristi and Cheri Hansen

We have been receiving goodies from neighbors and ward members this week which has also been fun and exciting. Rob and Tove Baldwin left a plate of candy, a card, and some of his honey from his own yard. I put the honey aside as we will use that, and read the card. The plate sat with the other treats.

So I decided to re-gift the plate of candy to my friends Kristi and Cheri Hansen. When we met in the parking lot for lunch, I handed Kristi the jump ropes the young men had made for her first grade class, and Cheri the plate of candy. I did tell them I was re-gifting it because I was staying away from sugar this season. 

Cheri immediately asked if I wanted the plate back. "Probably not," I said, "as usually people get plates from the dollar store to use as a holder." "But, this was from good friends....so maybe yes." Turning the plate over, we looked at the manufactures mark and Cheri said, "That is in Danish." "How do you know?" I asked. She said she served a mission in Denmark. Oh wow, Tove is from Denmark. Uhm, maybe I do want the plate.

When they walked into the restaurant, Cheri had the plate in her hand (they dumped the candy into the plastic wrap as a bag) and said, "I think you are going to want this!" It was a picture of the Salt Lake City Temple in the famous blue of Denmark pottery.

We shared the joy of being friends and having good friends! Of all the people I could have re-gifted this to, these are the perfect people. They understood the significance of a previous gift and felt no hesitation in giving it back to me.

Now I understand Rob's question from a few weeks ago. "Where did you get married?"


No comments: