Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Saturday performance

 We had hurried back on Friday night, one to sleep in our own -king size- bed together and two because I had a few commitments on Saturday. I threw a batch of laundry in and ran to the store for a few items to make a dessert for the ward party.  Jeffrey got the ok from Nate that he was going to be set apart as a high counselor on Sunday. We needed to prepare to go back to Redding on Sunday. So I packed up a few items for Sunday and Monday as I had committed to go to Sacramento to make gingerbread houses with the Adams there. We decided to go to Redding together, Jeffrey would drop me off in Sacramento and then come home. He would come back to Sacramento on Monday afternoon to pick me back up. Lots of hours of driving....

Anyway Saturday was fun. I dropped my dessert off and apologized again to Laura for not helping her out at the ward dinner. Then I drove on to an Ariel display of Nutcracker music. Emily Fawcett did a great job in all her performance.  I loved watching her fly around with a sword after the mice.  I have to think that this type of art would develop very strong muscles in the arms, legs, and core. It was amazing what they could do climbing up silk fabric. Beautiful, graceful and very athletic.

Emily Fawcett




This was the first time I had seen an Ariel display in person. It was great! The Penovich's were also there with Emily's parents. I don't seen enough of them anymore. In the 90's and 20's we did many things together. I miss talking with Debbie. So it was nice to see her a minute.

Debbie Penovich, Carolyn Fawcett, Regg Penovich in back, Emily in front and Mike Fawcett


After Emily's performance, I went to the church for the ward Christmas celebration. Wow, just wow! There were mangers, stars, and the baby Jesus on every table with low lights. Lots of white and yellow lights lined the ceiling. Big murals of Bethlehem were on the walls, and Nativity scenes were grouped together. It was beautiful and centered around Christ's birth. 

We went to the 'market' for the dinner. It was set up to serve on two sides with servers in the middle. I was surprised how quickly they could serve so many in such a great ambiance. The dinner was a Laura Nausin special with tri-tip, chicken, green beans, salad with poppy seed dressing, scalloped potatoes, and many dessert choices. Awesome. I didn't stay for the program as I had hit another wall. But it sure looked like it was going to be great. The men's costumes looked like someone had made them and not just put robes and towels together. I'll bet it was great too.

Good day, good week. Tired. Tired.


No comments: