Pages

Saturday, December 16, 2023

Great appreciation and respect for Kelsi

 Though Emma wanted to be held most of the day, her three older siblings went right on with their schedule. They did their chores quickly and started school. I listened to Lilly read her stories but didn't help out very much. Kelsi has a very orderly, neat, and structured way to run her home school. 

First their jobs are listed for each day. So they know what is expected of them. The children have plastic boxes that contain their math, language arts, science, history books along with markers, pens, rulers etc. They haul their boxes to the table and pick up their clip board. Each day is listed what they need to accomplish. 

The children know what they are doing and show a great aptitude in doing it. How Kelsi keeps everything running is amazing to me. 


Caleb picks out the right day to put on top





When Last Time I went Shopping with Four Kids?

I had a list of things I wanted to get from the store, so after school was done and we ate lunch, I packed the kids in the van and went to Winco. I pushed the cart with three of the kids in it trying to find small candles and matches. I had a few things like yogurt, fruit, etc. But the candles and matches were going to be for the names of Christ. I couldn't find small candles so I substituted birthday candles and a roll.  

The kids were good, but the little stresses had my anxiety rising. Keeping everyone safe, finishing my objectives, situational awareness, why does the car beep, will Emma be alright? I tell myself I can learn new things, I can do hard things, I want to be of help to others.....





Family Home Evening

When I asked the kids if there was anything else they needed to do for the rest of the day, Jayson said, " always do something together as a family for Family Home Evening." I asked if cutting out gingerbread for houses or cookies would count. The three kids quickly agreed and wanted cookies, not a house.

Pushing the rolling pin over the dough, I reached an emotional crisis and had to ask God to help me keep perspective and keep going. I felt sore, tired, and emotionally spent. But with God's loving comfort I went on.

We had fun and they made some interesting shapes. I finished up the batches after they went to bed.
 




Kelsi keeps up her house, teaches her children, and thinks up good ideas with Nate. Her mannerly, kind and thoughtful children are products of her management, organization, and love. 

Lighting the Candles

We had a fun time putting candles in a roll. The roll was soft and the candles had a problem going in. We preserved and the boys got it lit. We went through all the names of Christ that we heard on Sunday and talked just a little bit about them. then everyone went to bed. Luckily everyone slept through the night.


No comments: