Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Sunday by Myself

 Since Jeffrey got a text from someone wanting a blessing, he took off for Concord on Saturday around midnight when Emma woke up coughing and crying. Using the advise from Kelsi, I soon had Emma back in bed sleeping. While I went back to my empty bed.

We decided to go to church for the sacrament. We stayed in the foyer away from others, and left before Primary and the other classes. It was nice that Emma actually took two naps and was in a slightly better frame of mind. 

Nate (wonderful, forward thinking Nate!) left each meal prep in a bag labeled 1 through 7 with the ingredients for that meal in the bag. I'd ask which meal the kids wanted and then I'd pick up the bag and make it up. For instance: He had pre-grilled chicken on skewers along with onion and red peppers for the fajitas. Since Lilly and Caleb decided they didn't want the red peppers and onions, I heated up some black beans they said would be great. Warm up the chicken and pull it off the skewers and fajitas were ready in less than 15 minutes. About the time it takes to sauté the onions and red bell peppers. 

Sunday was an easy day with not a lot of places or things scheduled, but I decided that night we would not be messing with those particular candles again as it was too hard to light them. 

I enjoyed talking to Jayson, Caleb, and Lilly as they all have thinking minds with interesting questions and thoughts. Emma laid on my shoulder a lot of the day with a few excursions in the living room when I was busy with dinner or cleaning up. 






No comments: