Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2023

What day is it?

 So many things happen in one 24 hour period and I thought it was Friday, but it is only Thursday today. On Tuesday we were in angst about Beverly and getting Jeffrey packed up, to the airport and gone to Provo. I think Mike, Julia and the girls came over to visit that night, but I'm not sure what happened what day.

The Pleasant Hill Adams are planning to go to the Beach for Christmas. They will stay at a motel and enjoy the beach and whatever is going on for two days. They should have lots of fun. 

Wednesday I didn't want to get up. Luckily in the evening, I had scooched the old dryer out to the end of the driveway for pick-up early morning. Since everyone in our neighborhoods had similar notes to pick up old junk, I wondered where I should put the money as everyone would know you have to leave money for it to get picked up. My solution was the lint trap.


I texted the driver a picture and told him where the form and money was. Laying in bed that morning, I heard a truck and the screech of the dryer moving and knew he had found what he needed.

Really, I just wanted to stay in bed for the day. Instead I had a delightful time shopping with Laura. We went on our regular weekly shopping to Sam's and Wilco. Only the Sacramento Adams are coming Friday night, Rachel and Jeffrey will be home Friday afternoon. So full house until Sunday afternoon when the Sacramento Adams go back to spend Christmas Eve with their family and Nana. 

During the day we would get periodic updates from Jeffrey on Beverly's condition. She is in decline. Every time the nurses would give her medication or check her vitals she would be a little less. Jeffrey said she is sleeping and not responding much when given care. He stayed with her for the day. The nurses said they would take off her oxygen today.  So.....

Getting back from shopping, I was very tired and took a small nap. My volunteer work for hospice calls all got made and I thought about the manhunt at the mall and didn't want to go.  But the Covid test turned out negative - and I said I would go if the test was negative - so with a little prayer I went. 

Fun, fun! Quite a few of the leaders went in disguise and hid out in different parts of the mall. The women had the best disguises. One was a construction worker, one put a long blonde wig, a black beanie hat, and wore black lipstick and eye emphasis, one had a scarf and looked like she had a hijab. I walked into the whole group (without any disguise) when I first walked into the mall. Busted. Since no one took a picture I went and hid out getting a foot massage. Only one 4 person group of boys "found" me. One of the men wore a long blonde wig, most of the men wore a beanie, or something tame. I was glad I went.


Look on the right at the lady in the black beanie - excellent disguise. The guy in the Santa hat was easy.



No comments: