Pages

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Week up to Easter

I'm pretty sure Rebekah didn't tell me about how quiet it is leading up to Easter. On Thursday the mall was closed except for certain restaurants and on Friday everything was closed - except the gates leading into churches - they were crowded. On Saturday more businesses were open though I noticed the construction work around town didn't start up. I've heard that most people go to the Provinces and so the streets in Manila are practically empty. I drove by myself to the MTC Dental Clinic on Friday for missionary screening and had no trouble driving anytime this weekend. I am amazed at the way a whole city takes Easter seriously. I'm told the whole country does. This is amazing and wonderful. I think I'm still processing the idea. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints takes Easter seriously and Easter devotionals are planned in almost every Stake House. After church in the morning we'll go back for the devotional.


No comments: