Pages

Monday, May 16, 2022

Baking on Tuesday and Wednesday

 On Tuesday we had scheduled a baking lesson. Sister Tagoe is actually a much better baker and chef than I am so I always wonder what she means when she wants to come learn how to do something. 

Sister Tagoe brought her own margarine, flour, eggs (resting in the flour), vanilla, baking powder, sugar, and salt. She uses my little pans as I have a little oven. She has big industrial size ovens in her outdoor kitchen and of course the large pans to go with.

On Tuesday we made cookies. The first time I walked her through the process and then when they were in to bake, she made a batch all by herself. I guess she was just getting the muscle memory or memorizing the recipe - I'm not sure which. They were oatmeal cookies with different things added each time i.e. apples and cinnamon, or raisins. In reality she used my dried fruit which has raisins in it.

Notice she give me a straight look when I take the pictures at the first of the day.




But after a successful day, quiet smiles!











She made plans to come back on Wednesday to take another "baking lesson". She made two batches of brownies on Wednesday.



Though she smiled that day, but not for the pictures.

No comments: