Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Wrap up - With Extras

 Every story has to have a few complications to make sure you are on your toes and being efficient. I found when we were playing volleyball as a youth, that if the other team was better than we were, we would up our game. Maybe that is why we get so many challenges at the last minute, so that we can up our game. Like my son Michael, I have already decided that I won.

Saturday dawned with a shower that had passed in the night, and sunny skies. The Hatch's arrived in town on Friday and they are part of OGC teaching human rights to school teachers to teach in their classrooms. Emmy is having a dinner on Sunday to welcome them to town, so I offered to make Shepherds Pie and a cold noodle salad. Looking into my cupboards, I decided to make a chocolate cream pie also. That way I can use up the cookie crumbs, custard mix, box of whipping cream and make a dent in the chocolate baking powder. Saturday would be making the pasta salad and finishing up the cookies and banana bread. The Young Single Adults added their request to the Primary so I decided to make some brownies along with extra banana bread.

Salad being made, brownies done, fabric drying, just the banana bread left to finish

Then Dumevi dropped over with materials to cut out, so I'm adding washing and drying to the salads, brownies, cookies, and banana bread. Dumevi and Walker came over at evening just about the time I was done baking to see if they won the lottery for a visa in 2023. After making sure the i's l's and 1 were completely straight they were able to get on. But no win. None of the entries were selected for the visas. They were told to check back from time to time - just in case! The odds are 1 in 300, so probably have to find another way to get a visa to the US. 

Walker had been feeling miserable on our Wednesday night meeting. He gets reoccurring bouts with Malaria and was feeling a little better on Saturday - enough so he wanted to try the banana bread. I gave him some pieces on a plate and he decided he wanted to take the plate full home. Then he added to it when he saw some on the sideboard and asked for another bag to bring it all home. I just laughed to myself as he feels like a big teenager.  I'm happy to make him feel better. it was made to be eaten so no worries.

I decided to wake up early on Sunday and put the Shepherds Pie together along with the chocolate pie. Win, win for the day and morning.

No comments: