Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Last email on Sunday

 All,


As you will see below, thanks to all of you, Juliette has a refrigerator! It was installed in her home on Thursday with the help of the Derr’s getting the handles on!

It has been sweet to see your generosity, hand in hand with the principles of Self Reliance taught (Derr’s) and a good Bishop helping to arrange this along with a microwave and fridge guard for Juliette and her family which he will purchase for them tomorrow.

I can’t remember if I told you about my visit with her Bishop. Forgive if I am repeating. I spoke to the Bishop about our idea a week ago today. I told him what the Sr Missionaries wanted to do along with the Derr’s having had a great visit with Juliette and Her husband Richard in their home a few days before. I then asked him how he felt about it. He paused for a moment and I noticed his eyes becoming wet with tears and his shoulders relax in a sense of relief. The first words out of his mouth were, “Juliette is THE most faithful woman.” He was so grateful for our plans and then went on to tell me more about Juliette. He has known her for years. He has known her challenges and hardships. He did not share anything confidential but how he has known her personally through the years. He said through it all she has been faithful...even when working 3 jobs to hold things together for her family. He spoke of the wonderful boys she has raised. It was really sweet. As we concluded our conversation he repeatedly and humbly asked me to tell you all how grateful he is to each of you! He also wanted to provide a receipt! Yes, this good Bishop kept me informed all along the way and sent a picture of the receipt.

So, there it is. Juliette has a functional fridge. Now she can cook for us (without needing to use Linda Ann’s apartment...thank you Linda Ann!!!) and hopefully be able to expand her business!

Grateful to be able to rub elbows with you all!

Happy Mother’s Day!

Warmly,
Emmy



No comments: