Friday, August 9, 2024

Contrast

 Some days happen so that it makes others day look really terrific.

Jeffrey and I had a slow morning and got up late. I decided to take a shower in the other bathroom down the hall. One we have never used before.  As I was waiting for the water to heat up, I noted that when I had rolled the door over it had come off its hinge on one side and was hanging askew. So I picked it up by the frame to lift the roller back on the track. 

In less than an instant, pop, and little cubes of glass were everywhere. Covering my feet, out on the floor and across underneath the wicker shelves. Just a little stunned, I tried to figure out how to walk out of there without stepping on glass. I did remember to turn off the water and took a washcloth off the rack and set it over the glass so I could step out of the pile of glass.

I have tiny little scratches just about everywhere except my face and head. The only ones that needed to be bandaged were on the fingers holding the door frame.

Nothing is really serious and things will get back on track fast. I did find I was at about 60% capacity thinking, walking, and working at the temple. 

I felt very fortunate to do two turns at the recommend desk checking people in. I watched the myriad of things that happen when people enter the temple. First time persons, some without their recommend needing assistance, familiar patrons who need no direction or help, those who are a little unsure, and some who had to wait for permissions. 

I am just tired while nothing is wrong. Maybe it was just the stress and adrenaline rush at the beginning of the day.


I am extremely grateful for safety glass and that Bobby was willing to sweep up all the glass. This day was in such a contrast to Tuesday where life could not be sweeter. Today was to make sure I appreciate good days. 

No comments: