Friday, August 16, 2024

Thursday In and Outs

 I love Thursdays because we have sister scripture study in the morning. Well, this Thursday was a scramble because I had closed my eyes again "for just a minute" and then had to race over to sss to be on time. Great lesson about holding to the word. When we receive a message from God or something divine, we need to hold on and life will be different. "Lay Hold upon the Word": The Power of Wholehearted Living by McKay Christensen May 9, 2017 (BYU Speeches)  He tells when he was on deaths door and a man gave him a priesthood blessing right there in the field that he held onto in his mind. It is a great story.

Thursday 10:30 am is shopping day.  Three of us went shopping together, Sister Penner, I, and Sister Manwarring. It was fun to go with three of us instead of two. 

After getting back, I get a knock at the door while I'm putting away groceries, and Lawerence is there to bring workers to take care of the shower walls.

Before picture - taking out the old

Just as I finish putting away the groceries, Comfort comes. She is grating up my coconuts for the morning glory bread and banana bread I'm making for Sunday. 


While she is in the kitchen and the workers are all in the bathroom, the phone goes off and tells me that Bishop Addy is coming and needs to be buzzed in. He is bringing ukulele bags. He arrives with his son.


While talking to the Bishop, he is looking for more scriptures for the ward. We always gave scriptures to the serious investigators when we lived there. Later when he went to the Ancillary he found that it is closed while the temple is closed. We'll have to do that later.

Meanwhile, Comfort finishes the coconut!


I say goodbye to the Addy's and go see what they are doing in the bathroom.


They gutted it to the drain at the bottom. No glass of any kind. They took out the strips that held the glass too.

When I go back to the kitchen I asked Comfort if she would like something for lunch. She asks if she could make something. Oh yes, I never turn down a cook's offer to make something. 

I gather everything I can think of and that she asks for and she makes a fantastic jollof rice. Perfectly suited to two Americans. Tuna and chicken out of the can, onions, tomatoes, a little cabbage, some beans, rice, and spices like chili pepper, curry, and salt. Delicious.



Juliet used to use a plastic (non melting) bag, and Comfort uses paper towels.
I wonder what the secret is?

When Jeffrey came home supper was ready to go, the workers had left saying they would be back tomorrow, and I have three new bags to bring to the missionaries. 

No comments: