Sunday, August 18, 2024

Hello, I'm coming over

 Asante texted me that he had coconuts and was coming over. Thumbs up. I actually wasn't sure what he meant by his post but continued baking in the kitchen. 

About 45 minutes later, the doorbell rings and there is Asante with a small plastic bag. He had with him coconuts taken out of the shell. He set up a place and grated all the coconut to give me for future banana bread. Nice!

I was experimenting with different batches of morning glory bread, so it was nice to have coconut to throw in. I made a batch of banana bread and threw the coconut in. I told him it would take an hour to cook - would he be around? He said he was on duty for the rest of the night. I asked him how he had broken the outer husk. He pounded it till it cracked and pulled the pieces out. 

Now I have a nice pile of coconut to use in whatever I dream up.

Later that night I walked over to the MTC guard house to let him try the banana bread with coconut.




No comments: