Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Good Day


 Today Jeffrey and I went to the temple to do some work for his ancestors. Jeffrey is determined to get the work done for individuals missing little pieces of their temple work. I went to finish the last grandmother that he wanted to do something for before Feb 23 - It is some due date he has. 

The tulips were amazing and it was a beautiful day and spirit. I wish all could feel the love of the Lord in their lives every day. 

Last Tuesday when we went, I was struck by the idea that I am going to be consecrating my life for the next three years to church work. I will be giving up close access to my children and friends and way of life to support and help Jeffrey's efforts to bring temples, church buildings, and reduce chaos as much as possible in a different part of the world. 

I have felt every time I go on a mission, I learn more about the covenant of marriage and why it is vital to God's plan of happiness. This time I will learn about consecration and how that fits in to the overall plan too. So many different threads of how God's love works. How important covenants are. Why we are given them. How to magnify them in my life. Why temples and temple work is so important. 


No comments: