Pages

Friday, February 9, 2024

Time is relative

 After getting back from our exciting Utah trip, I had a severe cold. This is after taking care of numerous children with all kinds of illnesses for at least six  to eight months (at different times) and with other adults getting sick and coughing around me without any apparent illness. I guess it was my turn. But to add insult to injury, I tweaked my back on Sunday - for no good apparent reason and have felt very lousy. It is like a stiff neck but in my back. Walking, lying down, and sitting are all problematic. I got a blessing from Jeffrey on Wednesday. Doing a little better every day.

It may be happy, and anxious tension side effects. What are we going to do with our house? [There are some really restrictive laws that have gone into effect in Concord that do not favor the landlord.] Where should we bring or not bring to Accra? Are we going to be able to see all of our children before we leave? What happens in Ghana? I will be a regular ward member and Jeffrey has the assignment. Not being a missionary, I can't just go to another ward ..... (well maybe).  My African friends are in a different ward (and mission) than the apartment we will live in. It isn't Covid anymore - what is life going to be like? I am gong to miss my friends in California and all of my family and children.

I went with Jeffrey to the temple on Thursday and prayed for all those asking blessings and a few who didn't ask, then asked the Lord to help me see what I am supposed to do and be able to see clearly what is next. Wow, it is only Friday and Jeffrey has talked to someone to paint the house, someone to look at our yards, and someone to come look at the repairs that are needed. We have received information on what people will talk to us about different things concerning our insurance, house, transportation, visas, and people who will come pack up our stuff for storage and for shipping. I talked to Emmy Burton this morning and she went room by room on FaceTime and let me know what she brought and what she is taking back. It looks like it is fully furnished though I may want to bring some things that are hard to find. 

I can't believe we have been back since the 30th of January! Where did the first week of February go? On the other hand, I texted Bobby in Ghana and he is happy to help me out with the cleaning again. Dumevi is excited to see us come back and Juliet is waiting.  Isn't life grand?!

Dumevi and Kesinonu


No comments: