Pages

Friday, February 23, 2024

Juggling Priorities

 Recently, I have been popping into vivid memories of being in Africa. I can see and smell it, and the realization that I will not be cold for a long time keeps occurring to me early in the mornings. 

My life seems to be in a state of flux as we are getting ready to put a new kitchen in, sort out the garage, get the popcorn ceilings off [I've only waited since 2 months after we moved in --- in 1992], get the lawns redone (again), and paint the outside of the house - never been done while we have been here.  Lots of juggling between leaving and fixing up.

Today we looked at kitchen cabinets, counters, and discussed what we liked with Dan Phillips. We have estimates of other things from Rob Baldwin, also looking for some new windows, and carpeting in the back bedrooms. Then, we are looking forward to going on trips for different conferences in London and Africa, and asking questions of what our responsibilities in Africa will be in June. 

There is an unreality to what is going to be and what is happening right now. My house has piles in the rooms of what goes to storage, what goes to Accra, and other piles of "how do I decide?".  This week I will need to get everything out of the kitchen so he can tear it all apart to put back together. I told Jeffrey we will probably eat out a few times next week...and probably the week after.  

We'll probably get a beautiful house that we will leave for three years - feels about like the last time ALL my kids lived in California and we went to Africa. Now it will be the house that has waited for so long to look nice and we will go to Africa. 

I live an interesting life! I pulled out a piece of paper that reminded me of when life was simple. Cub Scouting in the 90's.


March and April will be different this year.............

No comments: