Pages

Thursday, February 1, 2024

On the Ship

 

This was the proposed trip we would take

Sitting around waiting at the gangway for Dave and Diann to come on board. Listening to summary of the conversation from Steven that they were both on the dock but were not allowed on board because the gate had been drawn away 20 minutes ago and the doors closed. They do not re-open doors on a ship for anything. All of us had an empty hole in our hearts. The hope was they would meet us in Edinburgh and get on the ship in Inverness.




I just wanted this boat to bring Dave and Diann over to our ship. No go. Once door is closed it doesn't open until in port.

Waiting

Giving report


We met at the Versailles restaurant that night and enjoyed French cooking in an elaborately decorated place. I don’t think there was a younger and older table that night, but I appreciated Donald sharing his dessert as I wanted a bite not the whole thing.




Sleep was off. I woke up and walked around about 3 am. Got a snack and tried to go back to sleep. I found out Jeffrey and some others had gone walk about at 1 and 2 am. 

I woke up again to a beautiful sunrise and shortly thereafter a note from Diana asking if anybody was up. I went and found her. More family got together.





No comments: