Pages

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Hey! I totally skipped the Cruise -

On a family chat last Monday (which I totally enjoyed) Donald said he wanted to put a book together of the Sibling Cruise we took in October. I thought that was a great idea! I forwarded some of the emails that people had sent me and told him to get on my blog for the stories I had. 

THERE WERE NO STORIES!

Sometimes the really important things get left out - because they are so big. How could I think for a minute I hadn't posted?  I had outlined them in a notebook and picked out pictures....and then.......

So back track to October where it was not convenient or easy for even one person in my family to come on a cruise. Some family members sacrificed much to be there.

Nobody should have made it:

Diana was in the ER the day before with serious issues with her oldest boy Michael. He reacted badly to a medicine. The doctor told her to go on her cruise. 
Dave and Diann were in the middle of a typhoon with airlines shut down. How they got off the island of Guam and hopped all over the continent to make it to London is amazing. [They didn't make it on board the ship by 20 minutes and had drive up to Edinburgh and Inverness to catch up with us.] 
Steven didn't have days off because he just began a new job. He figure it out.  They had their propane and water lines cut while finally getting in a natural gas line after waiting a year - just before the departure day. Then they ran out of time and had to go straight to the airport and Sherry was kind enough to come get their car and bring it to her house. 
Laura's doctor told her could hemorrhage and the other doctor found a problem. The day before the ultrasound came back normal - she knows it was a tender mercy from the Lord.  
Jeffrey was so sick on Tuesday he didn't know if he could leave on Thursday. He got better. 

Everyone had issues and horrible problems that in some cases were miraculously solved. This trip was supposed to happen for all of us for different reasons.

No comments: