Pages

Monday, February 5, 2024

Jeffrey said, "Bill called...."

 Whenever I hear Jeffrey say, "Bill called...." I know that my life will change, I will do something I have never done before, and go somewhere exciting.

Jeffrey told me a week or so ago that he got a call from Bill (William Atkin) from the Office of General Council or OGC who asked us both to come to Salt Lake City to meet. He asked Jeffrey if he wanted to be an ALC (or Area Legal Council) in the West Africa Area in May. We didn't say anything because it was all conjecture at that point.

We went to Salt Lake City to meet with Elder Dushtu who is the Legal Council for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Bill Atkin, and saw Brent Belnap there. They did ask if we wanted to go to Africa again and moved the time up to April.  Everything had to be approved by the First Presidency of the church, so again, we didn't say anything.   On our way to the airport 4 days later, Jeffrey got the call that said he had approval from the First Presidency and they needed paperwork.  So it looks like we are going to Africa again!

Bill Atkin in Salt Lake City 

Jeffrey and I in the underground parking lot at temple Hill (another story there)

Brent Belnap in his office at the Church Office Building


No comments: