Monday, September 2, 2024

It has only been a week? Happy Place right now

 I looked at my last post and realized it has been a week - days filled with projects and activity and so it feels like at least two weeks or so.

This afternoon I have been sewing with Patricia. She is in one of the Gathering Places workshops/class where they are all learning how to sew. I was astonished when I went to watch at the class, that they take measurements and then make their own patterns. Right now they are making a blouse - darts, buttons with a fitted waist, and sleeves. I did learn how to sew as a young girl, but we always used the patterns from the store...... interesting that there are ways to sew using your own patterns.

Patricia is making pillowcases as that is an easy thing to sew - using real fabrics for her family.  I am in my happy place right now.




 


No comments: