Sunday, September 29, 2024

It is 2 in the morning - wide awake

 I washed a few dishes hanging out in Susie's sink and tidied up a bit. Last night I was fighting sleep when before it got dark as I wanted to have a normal (for Utah) wake and sleep schedule.....Well, maybe tomorrow.

I'm thinking about what I should get done in my Relief Society calling - I have ministering interviews and I'm wondering who I can call in Ghana on WhatsApp but realized they are at Sacrament meeting right now. I have good friends in my calling. 

On Thursday, we met for our regular meeting. Comfort came about 3 pm and made a big pot of Jollof rice for everyone. We discussed the need for food sacks and who has approached the bishop for food.  Baaba came around 4:30 and we discussed some changes in the ministering roster and how we would give it out on the 13th of October when I get back. Comfort hasn't been feeling up to par in the last few weeks so I gave her some cedes to go to the clinic. She just had an apple and some fruit juice.  She dished up Jollof rice for Baaba and I around 5 pm and Erica and Joshua showed up with their darling little girl, so Comfort dished them up too. 

Jeffrey was late getting back from the office because he was trying to tie up loose ends, so we could go to Utah the next day. 

Baaba left around 6 pm and I chatted with Erica about getting pictures and she had more phone numbers for the Relief Society roster that we are going to give to out to the ladies on the 13th. Comfort went home after leaving Jeffrey a large plate of Jollof rice then packed up the remains to take home. Jeffrey showed up a little later and he and Joshua discussed some questions, scriptures, and ideas while Erica went with the baby to teach a class at the stake center for gathering places. 

Like I said, meetings are different and wonderful. People were fed, business was discussed and we share a good friendship by giving and doing things for each other. 

Love the center piece! A very relaxed atmosphere while Erica and I swapped phone numbers of sisters. and dinner finished up. 

Erica and her baby taking off to teach her class

Jeffrey enjoys these discussions very much. Joshua didn't want to miss.


No comments: