Friday, June 14, 2024

Changing it up - Peanut Butter play dough

 Just for fun, I made peanut butter play dough for the kids at the library today. They are a different set of kids than the Tuesday kids - but I haven't met them yet. I couldn't meet them today either as I already had commitments. The Peanut butter play dough is made with 1 cup Peanut butter (creamy is best), 1/2 cup honey, and 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar. Mix it all up, refrigerate it for a bit and take it out and it's nice.

I've been questioning what will happen if the day is hot. It is Ghana's coolest season so hopefully the play dough will not melt. I'll just have to wait until I can talk to Sister McGlochlin when they get back. 

40 balls of peanut butter play dough
I did send some powdered sugar in case it melted a little. I told her to use it like flour. The only trouble is, if the children's hands are sweaty they will be all sticky.  I'm hoping for the best! I hope they have fun.


No comments: