Saturday, June 15, 2024

We are Urged to Do Good

 As a church we are urged to do good, hold up our light, serve others, and aid those whose hands hang down.  Today was an interesting day as I talked with many of my old friends in the Philippines and Africa. One friend has had a traumatic change in her life. One is experiencing terrible health issues, two friends have family members getting ready for missions, one is trying to get ahead in university schooling, and several need to get into school. So my heart has been wrenched by the trials that some my friends are facing and I am so happy and joyful for those who decided to serve a mission and my my soul goes out to everyone who wants to further their education and make goals for a better life. 

I started going down the list wishing I could be there by their side. That I could be of physical, emotional and mental help. I said what I could, wrote what is in my heart, put several names in the temple for prayers, and then gave money to everyone that needed a boost up. I felt very good about my day when I got up from my computer. 

Then I thought about going in to tell Jeffrey how generous he is. Maybe I'll start with a hug and let him know I think the world of him. I actually know he is going to be fine and all right as we have talked about what we are going to do this time of our life. It won't be a surprise.....but he might not know how generous he has been......

Life is good. Having Jeffrey as a friend and partner is really fantastic.



No comments: