Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2024

Made Banana Bread - for Who?

 I said yes a lot last week. One yes was to make banana bread when I got into a kitchen. Yahhooo! I got into a kitchen and what a kitchen it is! So this morning, aware that I had committed to make banana bread, I whipped up a double batch. Trouble is I did not have any butter or enough bananas. Oops...but that wasn't a problem because I just added oil and applesauce as substitutes. But, there is a big but.....

I had no idea who I had promised to make the banana bread for, when they needed it, or for whom. In fact I barely remembered the conversation - only my commitment. After church I texted on WhatsApp post for Ghana Sisters because I figured it would be the largest group of women around here that I have talked with last week. One sister said she wished it was her, but knew it was someone else. 

Sister Wendy Nielsen said yes, it was she that asked. Nice, she lives in the same complex, so I brought it downstairs to the next level and dropped it off. Wow, Gifford and Wendy Nielsen are really nice people. They invited us for dinner sometime next week. I found out the date for the banana bread was two weeks from today -- so Wendy is going to freeze it. I told her I'd make more. It will be for a Relief Society meeting at the church. 

Banana bread again!
It was easy set up and easy clean up while it was baking, and then I turned my work place into a breakfast nook for Jeffrey and I. How lovely to be in such a cool place with my sweetheart. Then off we went to church.


No comments: