Monday, June 3, 2024

Choices, choices!

 I have been asked to work in the temple. I have been asked to help in the library with children from Jamestown. Jamestown is a hard place to grow up as not many people have good jobs. The children get bussed over to this particular library two days a week, and the missionaries basically have an activity day workshop. I am going tomorrow and see if I can handle the heat. I have been assured that this is Accra's "cold" weather.  And I have been asked to learn the ukulele so we can entertain children and adults in different venues. The ukulele is outside of my comfort zone and I bought one and went to my first lesson today.

Then in my first week in the ward - Second Sunday in Ghana, when I asked for an appointment with the Bishop he said that was great as he wanted to talk to me - could we meet right after church? He said he'd get the permission to go to the temple started and then extended me a call. I will for sure make another post next week and tell you all the particulars. It will have Stan Hansen in the story.

Then there is the fact that the MTC has intake every Tuesday. Imagine that?!!! Every Tuesday they have new missionaries come. It must be full to the rafters. I'll bet they needed a bunch more teachers. I can help out with the stations checking in if I want to.

So lots of choices of things to do and participate in. I'm going to take it one step at a time as I don't know how much time my new calling will take - and I'm putting that as a high priority. 

My grandkids and Kelsi are giving me ideas on Marco Polo of the things I can do with children and singing time. Emma was modeling a shaker egg. Basically a large Easter egg with beans in it. Kelsi showed me a noodle cut in half and hand size that slide together for a rhythm and make soft noice. Caleb told me about a great idea making a city with people coming out of the doors. I love the ideas!!




No comments: